We The People

Lately its been chill time in my life here in Charlotte, specially with the summer drawing along, with no classes and just an 8-5 job. One more thing observed during summer is that lot of people come and meet you (may be to while away their time or may be mine). This gave me an opportunity to start a new activity; analyzing people :-) ... to while away my time.

This post was started with the above "preface" about 7 months back. (15th July 2008) to be precise. I think I gave myself enough time to analyze people so that I could do justice to the task. Today, I am simply amazed at how different everyone thinks and how people behave under different circumstances. Trying to understand this would be like solving an N-P hard problem (for my techie friends) or counting the stars in the sky. Let me give a gist of some of my experiences.

One that tops the charts and has the maximum "jaw dropping" factor on my list is a person who did the unthinkable. I cannot still believe I knew this person. His story reminds me of the classic true story and a movie now, "Into the wild". Anyways, in short, this person hitch hiked from one state (East Coast) to another state (Mid-West) in the US of A!! I still don't believe this. The person was missing for 3 months, traveled w/o passport, with $1500 in pocket, got jailed for roaming around in restricted area, lost appetite. All this, amidst an ongoing master's degree and impaired physically. I vividly remember being interrogated by the police and talking to this person before going missing. I cannot believe I stayed in that person's room!! To top it all, the person's parents had no clue and were least interested in finding their child!!

I met some more people in my course of this task. There are some people who are always smiling and talking nicely. They talk nicely to people they hate and also to people they like. So , more or less its difficult to figure out if they hate you, if they are talking to you sweetly. There are some people who are biased by other people. Their opinion fluctuates as per other people's opinions. Some people are simply ungrateful. It simply does not impress/appeal to them the efforts people take for them, to make their life better. Some people are connected to other people through some more people :-). Confusing, I believe. Once these middle relations are over/wrapped up, you fail to find the strands of relations between them and the other people. Some people live by the memories.

I guess this is an immensely vast topic and needs to be revisited. As I punch away keys on my laptop, a friends birthday almost clocks in and is halfway over in another part of this world. This post goes out to this long lost friend. Wish you a great and Happy Birthday friend!! Hope you get all you dream of, this year, against all odds. This person thinks differently people :-). It's been a while I've known this person, but this person still seems to amaze me and dazzle me with the different facets of personality every once in a while.

Life has become more practical than it used to be. People have become more practical and the place for love is diminishing. Instead of love holding two people together, today its being practical that helps bind different people. A practical failure is what man needs to get him back to his roots. Cherish your life, cherish the people around you. Cherish the love!!

~Fade To Black

Comments

spooky, i appreciate n totally understand ur post... you are standing by and seeing people evolve... its fascinating isn't it? all i want to tell you is to be yourself while you marvel at all this, don't get spun around. even while i write this i know how i have changed.... it was a survival thing for me... but you are blessed.... remain as u r, that's all i wish

Popular posts from this blog

I hope to buy a balloon.....

The burning memories